PSHE including 'Relationships and Sex Education' and 'Drug Education'
Lead: Sarah Lyles Sarah.Lyles@babcockinternational.com
To have a co-ordinated and comprehensive PSHE programme that impacts across and beyond the curriculum.
PSHE is; the planned provision in schools for promoting the emotional, social and health development of children and young people. It includes:
- the acquisition of information on a range of health issues that are relevant to their age, maturity and understanding including emotional health and well-being, sex and relationships, diet and exercise, alcohol, tobacco and other drugs, careers and safety;
- the development of emotional and social skills including skills for learning, achieving, managing change and looking after health; and
- the exploration and clarification of values and beliefs including respect, morality and an understanding of cultural diversity.
Blake, S (2006) A whole school approach to PSHE and Citizenship.
London: National Children’s Bureau Simon Blake OBE, is the Chief Executive of Brook, the Sexual Health Charity for young people.
- PSHE Education in schools
- PSHE Guidance 2016 - 080716
- 'new' PSHE Framework for Secondary Schools 2016
- PSHE Association programme of study 2014
- PSHE Education Toolkit for secondary schools.zip
- Assessment Briefing - drug scope 2006
- QCA Assessment Record - Reporting Guidance
- Macdonald PSHE Review 2009
- Not yet good enough PSHE education in schools 2013
- Time for change PSHE
- PSHE KS1&2 National Curriculum Statements
- Economic Wellbeing - Key Stage 3
- Economic Wellbeing - Key Stage 4
- Personal Wellbeing - Key Stage 3
- Personal Wellbeing - Key Stage 4
- End of KS1 and KS2 statements
- End of KS3 statements - Economic Wellbeing & Financial Capability
- End of KS3 statements - Personal Wellbeing
- End of KS4 statements - Economic Wellbeing & Financial Capability
- End of KS4 statements - Personal Wellbeing
- Update for Surrey Secondary Schools Smoking Toolkit 2016
- Surrey Drug Guidelines 27/09/16
- DfE and ACPO drug advice for schools - 2012
- DfES Drugs Guidance for Schools - 2004
- Guidance on Age Appropriate Drug Education In Schools
- Caffeine and energy drinks
- E-cigarettes and Nicotine Containing Products
- Legal highs and Novel Psychoactive Substances - briefing paper
- Surrey Briefing on e-cigarettes and nicotine vaporisers - 2014
- Drug and Alcohol Toolkit - KS4
- Updated PSHE tobacco toolkit for secondary schools.zip